The Baja Blog

The Baja Blog concerns all aspects of Living and traveling in Baja California Mexico created by the folks at www.BajaInsider.com.

Saturday, May 19, 2007

moving to Cabo


Hollis
moving to Cabo
Question
19-05-07
16:53 -0700

I'm looking at moving to from Victoria, BC to Cabo San Lucas for a job. I will need a place to rent - what dos and don'ts should I beware of, and what kind of rent am I looking at for a 1 - 2 bedroom place? I'm a simple kind of girl, I don't need anything lux, just bright with room for my dog. Any suggestions?

3 Comments:

At May 22, 2007 at 9:45 AM , Blogger www.BajaInsider.com said...

Rents are soaring in Cabo San Lucas and the off-seson portion of the year has shrunk to just a few months in the fall. Room rentals in a home are $250 and up, probably not accomdating to your dog. Small apartments are going to START at $450 and are usually closer to $750/mo, particularly to gringos. A condo is going to cost you more than $1000/mo and a house about $1600 and up, way up.

 
At June 10, 2007 at 10:55 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you been to Cabo? If not, I would certainly suggest visiting before moving there.

Consider San Jose Del Cabo as well, about 25 miles to the southeast. If you have an interest in working in a nicer restaurant, there are quite a few in San J. del C. Probably more than in Cabo SL. (Lesser known fact).

Also, why not consider Cancun? I don't know what draws you to Mexico but I think you should investigate the potential places.

 
At June 18, 2007 at 12:26 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you can rent in La Paz it will be much more affordable, and enjoyable for that matter. Should be able to get something around $500cdn.

Fellow Canuck

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home